Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thursday Morning

It's really hard to know what my role is in all of this. Having so many roles is extremely complicated. I am a daughter, and also a therapist. It's sometimes difficult to know which part of me to use. How do I help the rest of the family who is also grieving? How will I feel when all of this is over? And most of all...can I make it through this? There has been so much loss...so many deaths, and it never seems to stop. I sometimes wonder why those who try to serve the Lord are handed so much. I don't believe that "God won't give us more than we can handle". If we could always handle everything on our own, we wouldn't need God. I wish that I always remembered that I need God this much. I wish that I could take away Mom's pain...shoulder just a piece of the burden she carries. Thank you to everyone who is helping me to shoulder the sadness I carry.

1 comment:

  1. Emilie,
    I am sending you a very long distance hug! we are committed to praying for you daily and checking on your blog so that you can know we are behind you. I pray that in your weakness He will be your rock and your strength. I love you...
    Christy

    ReplyDelete