Well...we all made it through the night, but it was a difficult one. Mom had her own ideas about how to get comfortable: getting out of bed...trying to stand up. It made for an interesting middle of the night family effort to get her comfortable and settled. I am grateful for the Haldol in the "comfort care" kit sent by hospice. For all the times I joked about Haldol when I worked on 8S at Children's, it truly is a miracle drug.
Dan and I are up now, and coffee is made. I think coffee is a miracle drug too. I don't think I'd be able to function in the AM without it. We keep on keeping on. God is with us. Peace to us and peace to all of you, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I hope you're able to take turns napping a little bit today. I know it can be difficult, especially if you're not nappers. Your work can turn into a marathon, though. Two weeks can stretch to three and you should reserve your energy and "recharge", if possible. You know best what you're going through. My prayers are with you.
ReplyDeleteYes, it was a night. And of course when we get up, the dogs think that it's time to play! Dog frolicking at 2 AM. To add insult to injury, the camp cot died about the same time. You can't sleep in a cot that looks like \_/ . But, the snow stopped. I did our driveway this AM and had some of Dan's banana pancakes. Dan will clean Grandma's driveway and get groceries and a new cot. We'll be doing tag-team naps again today. We still find things to laugh about. But then again, at 2 AM, you'll laugh at almost anything. We're hanging in there. Stay tuned to the blog. Thanks for keeping in touch with us.
ReplyDelete