Mom slept better last night. The oxygen seems to be making her more comfortable. It slows her breathing down, which is good. She started coughing this morning and has been having a difficult time stopping. She is not fighting me on the oxygen issue, and also allowed me to give her some of my Advair since breathing seems to be such a problem. She asked me again this morning what she would do without me. What she doesn't know is that I am here indefinitely. She's not letting Dad do some of the self-care things that she is no longer able to do, and so I am honored to help with all of that.
She had a hard time grasping the concept that it is Sunday. And for the Burr family, it doesn't really feel like a day of rest--more like a day of waiting and watching. I will keep posting updates, so please check back. Calls and e-mails are more than welcome, although mom is not much able to talk. We know that God is with us...and that all of you are too. Thanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Dear Emilie,
ReplyDeleteI am a friend of your Dad's--as a matter of fact I am related through your Mom's Uncle Ed. My heart goes out to you. Thank you for taking such good care of your mom and dad.
Emilie and family...
ReplyDeleteI have watched Carol worshiping our Lord and Savior as part of the worship team for a few months now...she has been such a blessing to me as I watch her faithfully praise the God of life despite her poor prognosis. She is such a caring, loving and sincere woman...someone of whom you can be very proud of. I am glad that she has you there for her...your family has been in our prayers and will continue to be. Hold strong..hold on to God.