Our home health nurse came today--Debbie--she is wonderful. We knew that mom was going downhill fast. Debbie said that she probably only has a couple of days left. So it could be tomorrow...or Wednesday...or she could surprise us all and hang on for longer. When she is less responsive, I have been telling her that it is okay to let go and that everything is taken care of. When she is responsive, she says that she knows that everything and everyone will be okay.
It was a long day and we are all tired. Dan came up and was graciously given time off from work to be here. Mom has at least one wiener dog keeping vigil at all times. Sometimes it is me, my mom and three dogs in the hospital bed. I'm sure they weren't designed for that...but we're talking about comfort...and this is comfort for all of us.
Keep the faith, everyone. Again...I love you all so much--each of you is so precious to me, and please don't think that I'm being cliche. I truly look forward to seeing those of you who are able to make it for the funeral. Remember that Mom does NOT want flowers at the funeral and neither do we. Everything in lieu of flowers should go to the Christian Children's Fund, as Mom and Dad are currently sponsoring Balu. God bless you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm sure you'll treasure the quiet, precious moments together during these last few days. How special it is that you're all able to spend them together.
ReplyDeleteI'd post a picture of me sacked out on my trusty camp cot besdide the hospital bed, but I don't want to scare anyone. It's comforting to be sleeping so close to Carol. We have been fortunate to have several periods of great clear conversation today. It's hard to thank her enough in those short snippets for 30+ years of friendship. But today's time with her and the kids and my mom has been a treasure. Tomorrow will bring what tomorrow will bring. I'm glad to have so many of the funeral details taken care of. God's timing will determine which Sayurday we'll select for the funeral. Pray for Carol's comfort, our rest, and clear heads to deal with details.
ReplyDelete