There hasn't been much change since last night. I was able to give Mom medicine orally this morning, which was more comfortable for all of us. She looks uncomfortable, but I am trying to let her rest--hoping that the medication will take effect soon. Having Aunt Jean and Vanessa has been wonderful and I wish that they wouldn't leave--but i know they have to. Aunt Jean cooked us breakfast this morning, which was delightful.
We have no idea how long Mom will continue to hang on. We are not sure why she is hanging on like this--she clearly has periods where she is in agony. She will mouth the words, "I love you", and any time you ask for a kiss she puckers up her lips. I will cherish those kisses forever.
We promise to keep on keeping on and to keep you posted. My guess is that Mom might hang on until Groundhog Day--she always made a big deal for Groundhog Day with her 3rd graders, and even went to Punxy one year for the actual event. I love you all so much. And...Go Steelers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I wish we could have stayed too! It was nice to see you all laughing and smiling. The quiche was a moment in history, Oh Dear Lord!
ReplyDeleteJust like you em.... blame it on Dan. ;)
ReplyDeleteI love you.... love to al of you up there! xoxo
It was so wonderful to have real people in the house. I haven't been further than the mailbox for quite some time. It was great just to sit and talk and eat with people. I managed to sleep with just a few breaks for meds during the night. I'm afraid that I ate a good breakfast and went back to bed. Can't figure out why.
ReplyDeleteIt was good for Em and Dan to see their cousin and aunt. I informed Jean since she was holding vigil with us, that she was a Vigil"auntie".
So wonderful to see warm temps today. Dan and I shoveled off the edge of the roof and got rid of some of the ice. Will Spring ever get here. Darned Groundhog!
Nurse Emilie continues her non-stop care. I tried to take care of laundry, etc today. Dan got Superbowl junk food. I hope to get a chance to give a watch. It will be some diversion.
Good company, good food, and good weather went a long way to lift our spirits today. On we go. None of us understand what keeps Carol going. But she's in charge and we'll just try to keep her comfortable. Continue to pray for our endurance. Love to all of you.
dear sweet em, you have been so heavy on my heart again this week and now I know why. Spoke with Mike yesterday and he sent me your blog. I will con't to keep your whole family lifted up in prayer. You will look back on this time and be thankful that you were able to be with your mom. Be safe and I know what a strong young woman you are. Sure hope to see you sometime in the future. Mama Hasko
ReplyDelete