Being back in Pittsburgh is a little scary. It was so strange to leave my parents' house and only have my dad hug me goodbye. It remains weird to think about things that I would want to tell my mom and not be able to. I keep having dreams about my mom. Last night I had a dream that I was helping her teach a class of third graders. I think it was her way of telling my she was ok. I was worried because she was tired and worn out from the day, but that's how she usually was, so I probably shouldn't be worried. I feel like she is working as hard in death as she did in life.
Yesterday I went outside to play ball with the dogs. I hoped she was watching and was able to do the same thing...maybe with Betsy and Katie...rather than Teddy, Siggy and Reuben.
Leisel's collar broke, and I bought her a pink one. Mom would have thought it was so cute. Dan absolutely hates it. He said that I could let Leisel wear all the pink I wanted if I got rid of Levi. No.
I didn't think I would miss my mom this much, but seeing as though I have gone from calling her three times a day to caring for her 24/7 to not being able to be in direct contact with her at all, I guess it makes sense. The story continues...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment