Wednesday, February 18, 2009

If I Only Had a Brain

Mom would have liked this color. I saw this commercial with the scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz, which reminded me of another really funny mom story which deserved it's own post. It had to be either one or two days before she died that I was trying to either reposition my mom or get her to swallow medicine and she "looked" at me with her eyes closed and sang very clearly, "If I only had a brain!". It was so funny I couldn't help but to laugh. As my dad said all along, "Remember, Dear...we aren't laughing with you; we're laughing at you..." That's Dad.

I was really listening to the song that we used for the video Dan put together...can we all clap our hands for that? I mean, seriously amazing, wasn't it? (And to think I wanted to do the darn thing as a powerpoint. I knew Dad had to be serious when he said that the video was "worth every penny paid to Clarion". Anyway...the one line in the song says, "...Even now in death you offer doors for life to enter...". How true...from thinking about how mom would have liked this color, to thinking about her singing the Wizard of Oz. (My dad did...at that point encourage her to click her heals together three times.) I also realized the double meaning of the "Going Home" post. We have all gone home...Dan and I went back to Pittsburgh. Dad went back to the house. Everyone else went back to their houses...and Mom went home, too. If only we could be so lucky, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment