Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A little slower

Things are a little bit slower today. Mom is still trying to get out of bed, but not as often. She is very restless. She is talking, but not nearly as clear as she was yesterday. It's hard--I want to understand what she is saying, and I just don't. It's also hard to see her so restless and not be able to do anything about it.

Mom has been fighting so hard. Dan and I just put her back in bed after an escape attempt. Last night she tried to get out of bed so many times that I had to sleep in the hospital bed next to her just to make sure she didn't get out. She's been kicking and sliding her feet on the sheets so much that she has a blister the size of a silver dollar on her right heel. I have managed to make a MacGuivered protective covering for it.

Dan has to leave for Pittsburgh now because he has to work. He will be back tomorrow night. I hope things are ok until then. Pray that they will be, please.

I am thinking of you all...especially my Mosaic Family and my Family at the Pittsburgh Project not to mention my extended family...all of you Brothers and Sisters in Christ. I love you so much.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Emilie,
    We are thinking and praying for you all. Madeleine says to tell you hi! Treasure these moments. Love, the Tomo's

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good to have a less stressful day. Comfort care was less demanding today. We were all pretty punchy by the end of the day yesterday. I actually got to Walmart today to pick up essentials. There is life beyond the end of the driveway.

    I was sad to see Dan go back to Pittsburgh. Not only do I miss his help, but he's fun to have around.

    Em didn't get a chance to post until late today. We were all a little tired from yesterday.

    Carol still talked to us today, but was not as lively. We just can't figure out what is keeping her going. But we continue to try and make her as comfotable as possible.

    Thank you for your continued prayer and caring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't tell you how much I'm thinking about you all and how I am consistently amazed and envious of your strength. I love you all and please.... don't wait til noon for your first cup of coffee Em!!! To my "supa star".... I will see you soon.... not sure how soon, but am looking forward to it very much.
    Love to all.

    ReplyDelete